Monday 15 September 2008

Dotties Challenge - Going For A Song


Fab challenge set by Louly this week over at Dotties World it went like this; ... It's quite an easy one this week, to celebrate my good mood I've gone for a music theme (I love to sing). All you have to do along with using a Charmed download, is incorporate the words of a song or the title of a song into your card but you're not allowed 'happy birthday' or 'congratulations' for your song, I know I said easy but that's a step too far along the easy road! So there I was going thru my Dottie & George collections (and yes I believe I now have 'em all! lol) and looking at them to see what song springs to mind and I ended up in the wonderful Christmas collection and chose Robin Dottie and used the precoloured image, after printing it onto some cream paper I colour matched (as good as I could get!) the image to some coredinations card stock which I then ran thru the BS with CB folders (music & swiss dots) then I punched some holly to which I added glitter glue and when it came to the lyrics I used a bit of poetic license which I hope was ok! and basically used lyrics from Rockin' Robin, printed onto torn vellum. Needless to say I now have several other ideas for this card which came to me when I was trying to go to sleep this morning after my night shift - so much so that I had to get up and get a notebook to write it down coz I knew that by the time I got up this afternoon I would have forgotten them! TFL

12 comments:

  1. Awww she's cute - great Christmassy colours too!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds just like me Jac having to write things down. Fabby card, love the embossing and of course the image.
    In good time this week too LOL!
    Juliet xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jac this is a lovely cute imaage! Love the card. Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow jac, i love this card, the image is so cute and the embossing looks great:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jac I was in the processing of updating my blog when I notice your blog. If you go back and look at the post. I added two links. The second links leads you to a tutiortal to make the stationary box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jac this is brilliant! The colours match up so well. Very Christmassy. As for the words, if an artist can't use artistic lisence who can eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different textures on your card. The colours are fab and that image is just gorgeous :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jac I love this card and I really love the embossing! Very Christmassy and the artistic licence on the song is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card,welldone,great colours!!
    Nicola.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. FABULOUS card!! Love the colours and the embossing - the whole thing looks Awesome!!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this- well done Jac!!

    love Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x