Wednesday 8 February 2012

A valentines card

Well with Valentines drawing ever closer thought I'd better think about making a card.  I did but I'm not overly happy with the end result!  I have used papers from Jewel Britannia collection on cd from My Craft Studio, I bought it with some of my birthday money along with 4 card kit books when I saw it on C&C the other day. I just love the papers especially the Union Jack ones and when I saw the one with the telephone boxes on I knew I had just the right stamp to use with it, the telphone box stamp is from Papermania Urban stamps Portobello Road collection, I did quite a bit of distressing and inking  to go with the feel of the flag, the sentiment is pc generated and then I got stuck I knew I needed something to finish the card off but I just couldnt get it right, I eventually settled on the circle of Union Jack paper with a heart and topped off wth the little gold charm but like I said not really happy with it but at least it didnt get resigned to the bin and I still love the papers! lol

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenges #168 ~ For the one I love
Sweet Stampin' ~The one I love
Sentimental Sundays #88 ~ Feel the Love
PaperTake Weekly ~ Anything Goes (+option or hearts/love)
(also used last weeks sketch as didnt get card finished in time)
Try It OnTuesday ~ Cards for a true love
Tuesday Throwdown #84 ~ Be my Valentine
TFL

7 comments:

  1. Love the phone booth stamp! Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. This card so unusual for "love" theme and I love it. Beautiful distressing. Great coombination idea with image and sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “The One I Love” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, and a great twist on the Valentine theme, lvoe the phone box. Thank you for joining in the Sweet Stampin' challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your take on the 'love theme', thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your gorgeous card Jac,love the distressing.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card - stunning idea
    many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jac I rather like this one the design and papers are different and they look great so does that phone booth image, terrific
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x