Tuesday 14 February 2012

Playing with my Cricut

I have had some fun (and some frustrations!) today playing with my Cricut.  The end result is this tag, which has been cut using George & basic shapes, then I layered up a skull with bow from Rock Princess and the leaf and rolled flowers were made using the Flower Shoppe cartridge.  I think I am going to love that one when I get better at rolling my flowers! lol  the picture in the book looks to start rolling from the centre but all the clips I've seen on YouTube start at the outside!  so far I've been rolling from the outside using my quilling tool, I might have done better to start with bigger flowers but these ones here are cut at 1.5 and 2 inches so are pretty small when rolled!.  Anyway I digress!  I have used TGF image and coloured her with copics (we call her Abbi as she reminds us of Abbi in NCIS! lol) and I added a heart brad to her top instead of the usual star that is there, then finished off with some ribbon from my stash.

I would like to enter this tag into the following challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge #169 ~ Hearts & Flowers with Ribbon
Try It On Tuesday ~ Tag week all about hearts & flowers
PaperTake Weekly ~ Black, White & Red all over
TFL

Don't expect I'll get much crafting done tomorrow as Ria and I are off to see my friend who gave me the Cricut, we are taking the Gypsy over so she can have a play with it using her Cricut Imagine and we are also heading over to 'My Mums Craft Shop' which opened near us recently but we haven't been to yet so am looking forward to that and will tell you about it tomorrow but for now am heading off to bed with a cuppa and 'James Patterson'! (my favourite author! lol)

5 comments:

  1. ooh its fab Jac- i love that colour combo as you know - and her hair is gorgeous
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tag really like the layout and colouring glad you enjoyed using you Cricut I have a cameo they are all such fun. Thanks for joining us on the TIOT challenge. Hugs Bee
    PS the image really does look like Abbi I like NCIS too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really great tag. Love the different shape and the image is sweet. Thanks for joining us at TIOT and have a wonderful day. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tag, its a a lovely shape, thankyou for joining us at TioT's this week.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely tag. The flowers are the perfect size.
    Thanks for joining Papertake Weekly.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x