Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sketch Time at Crafty Sentiments

Good morning to you all, well here we are it's Tuesday and that means its time for a new challenge over at Crafty Sentiments and this week its a sketch.  The thing I love about sketches is how different everyones cards are even though they have used the same sketch!  Here is the sketch
and here is my card using the sketch.  I have tried to give my whole card a vintage feel even though my image is modern and cute.  My papers are Bo Bunny and the music paper is from an old music magazine that I bought in a charity shop.  I have coloured my image of Billy & Primrose 'A Christmas Song', available at the Crafty Sentiments Store, with copics and tried to keep the colours muted, once I had finished colouring I rubbed over the whole image using a cotton wool ball and caramel ink and then distressed the edges and inked over them with espresso ink, I also distressed and espresso inked all the different layers.  I havent added any other embellishments or sentiment as I really didnt feel that it needed them.



Ok, so you've seen what I have done, dont forget to check the rest of the DTs awesome work over at the Crafty Sentiments challenge blog and then its over to you to join in with the fun and we look forward to visiting your wonderful creations.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Truly Scrumptious #67 ~ Distressing
Stamptacular Sunday #133 ~ So Distressing
OSAAT #83 ~ Anything Goes

TFL

12 comments:

  1. oh i love the vintage theme to your card .. its beautiful
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card hun, love the vintagey feel!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Jac, love your colouring and the vintage look makes it really elegant xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that too that everyones cards are so different. I love the Vintage look of yours with the images it goes really well, Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the card! It is so sweet.
    Thanks for joining us at stamptacular sunday and I wish you luck on the challenge.

    Hugs,
    Heleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Truly Scrumptious this fortnight, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card Hun love it thank you for joining us at truly scrumptious for our distressing challenge.


    Wendy DT TS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love this image it is one of my favourites. Beautifully coloured and a great idea with the music papers.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A stunning creation !!
    Thanks for sharing with us at One Stitch At A Time for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge.
    Good Luck !
    Hope to see you back next week :O)

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful christmas card. Love how you used a music paper to complete the image. Those colours look awsome together with that design. Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great card ;o)
    Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday challenge ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x