Monday 9 May 2011

3 days & counting and today is preview day 1

Are you all excited and looking forward to launch day at Crafty Sentiments?  Well just wet you appetite we are previewing the new stamps over the next 3 days starting with this little cutie 'Rosie - Spring Flowers', she is a dream to colour in. 

Now I was sat here trying to think what I could make for you today to show off Rosie when I noticed that my calendar didnt have a picture for May (or the rest of the year for that matter! lol) and I thought Rosie would fit the bill perfectly so her she is.  I have coloured her using my trusty copics and a touch of sakura.  I masked the image then did my background using inks and cotton wall balls and a cloud template.  I decide to leave the majority of the flowers white (suggested by DOH!) so they are like a basket overflowing with spring daisies and just added a couple of little pink ones.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out as I dont generally do much masking but will be in the future!




Well you've seen what I have to offer for today so now go and check out these fabulous works of art by other memebers of the DT:


I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
Mad for Markers ~ Use your greys ~ I used W 5, 3, 1
Fab 'n' Funky #71 ~ Put those papers away

Ok thats all for now, be sure to come back tomorrow for another preview of a fantastic new rubber stamp.

15 comments:

  1. aww what a cutie - love the calendar page
    isa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super idea with the calendar page Jac with the fab spring image! hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous calendar,love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab ccalender and lovely colours.

    Hugs
    Suzette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this turned out amazing I love how you did the background and your right (or DOH is lol) the white flowers look great in white with the colours around them.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi jac, i love your calendar, your image is so sweet:)

    hope ya keeping well:)

    had to block off susie sunhine blog cos of constant vile comments.please pop by new blog and follow me:)

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. O wow, I love what you did with Rosie, what an idea to do it for a calendar. Love your sky.. I have to try it one of these days. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Cute. thanks for joining at Mad for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Jac, the sky and grass really make little Rosie pop :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab idea Jac love the calendar page! JO xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really cute (I think she is my favourite one!)
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous calendar and such a cute bunny! Thanks for joining in the grey copics challenge at Mad for Markers.
    Susan xxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so sweet, looks great!? Thanks for joining us at mad for markers! From ash

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is Gorgeous Jac!! LOVE it! :D
    Such a cute image.. loving all these previews you've been doing!
    Hope you guys are all well!!
    (hugs)
    and.. Thanks for joining us at Mad for Markers!
    Sammi :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great project! Thank you so much for joining in our Mad for Marker's grey challenge.
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x