Friday 30 July 2010

a gift

I have made this book as a gift for our neighbours who are celebrating their Golden Wedding Anniversary, it is actually today but they are having a big party tomorrow to which we have been invited so I have made this book so that people can leave them messages and they will then have a keepsake of the occasion.  They dont know about the book and I have given it to their daughter so that it can be at the party ready for guests when they arrive.  They have specified no presents so I thought this would be nicer than nothing and its something everyone can be involved in.  I kept the whole decoration quite simple, I have used cream glittered card for the cover and the tags which are actually all cut from mountboard and then covered, the tags have been inked with gold ink, the flowers are from my stash (from a recent blog candy) the leaves were punched and then I added the names and corner peeloffs and some gold and cream organza ribbon. 

Inside I have typed a front page which I then mounted on to more of the glitter card and then finished off by adding some more corner peeloffs.  I must say I am pleased with the end result and I took my time as I really didnt want to make mistakes with this one!  It doesnt look like it took me ages but I spent forever working out colours and then trying to work out the best placement of the tags was a real nightmare! and as for the flowers I tried sooooo many different combinations of numbers and leaves you wouldnt believe! lol  Well thanks for stopping by and looking.   It was nice to use my bind it all as havent used it in a while!, mind you I think Ria has got plans for making books as gifts for friends for christmas so could be getting busy with it soon! lol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x