Friday 2 July 2010

Dotties World - Paper Piecing


Ok so over at Dotties World this week Adele set the challenge to do paper piecing, this is a technique I learnt from the uber talented Louise right here at Dotties World in my early days of blogging, I had heard of it but didnt know what it was but ever since my first attempt back then with Dottie herself I've never looked back and it is a technique I use every now and again and I like the results, so this time I decided to use Holly in England from the World Tour collection, now normally I think of Holly as more sort of autumny/wintery so I decided to give her an english rose coat! I actually rather like the effect wasnt sure how it would look when I started! The paper is papermania signature range Blueberry Hill and I also used paper from the collection to paper piece her hat, boots and umbrella then I added glitter to her scarf/top and coloured the rest with copics. I sponged some ink around the edge of the image as the white was too stark then I added some card candy, flowers and a handbag charm, the sentiment is from TGF Spotlight set. Ria has already claimed the card for a friend she walks to school with who is moving at the end of this school year and apparently she is after a coat just like this one! TFL

4 comments:

  1. oh..this looks stunning! Gorgeous job on the paper piecing... I think I learnt about it then too! :D I need to use some of my neglected Charmed digis!!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you'd better start saving up for that coat Jac, it sounds like your Ria has expensive taste! I love this and you are right, that paper works fab for the coat. Am I really uber talented? awww darling now I'm blushing! mwaaaah! Keep your eyes peeled for the new collection - out next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a true English Rose indeed, fab coat- I'd love one like that myself actually!LOL

    Thank you for playing along Jac!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x