Saturday 9 April 2016

A Wall Hanging

Been working on a new project over the past couple of days using an amazing image from the uber talented Unky of The East Wind and what's also awesome is that this is this months newsletter freebie!  I have to admit that it took me a while to colour, I'm still trying to get better at faces so this is an ideal image! and to top it off my Copic E00 literally ran dry while I was colouring, I knew it was running out but really!  Anyway got it completed and am pleased with how it coloured up, still need more practice but getting there.  There is a fab challenge on over at TEW at the moment too which is Steampunk/Industrial/Metal. I think I've ended up with a bit of all three.  Steampunk always goes down well in our house and this wall hanging will be off to London when Ria goes back to uni.  I have used a piece of coloured mountboard that is actually an offcut from my local picture framers.  I get it for free as it is pieces he would normally throw away which he has to pay to get rid off so every now and again I pop in and come out with a box full of scraps!  The paper is from Bearly Mine Designs and I have used various Cricut cuts and the sizzix cog die which I have heat embossed several times using black, silver, copper and antique gold powders.  Also embossed the edges of the panel using copper and antique gold powders.  I added the metal clips (which I was sent from America a few years ago and never found the right project till now!) which spell out 'wish', 'dream' and 'adventure'.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion #306 ~ ATG
Creative Card Crew #110 ~ Die Cuts
Crafting For All Seasons #123 ~ Die cuts/punches
As You Like It ~ Favourite Non Card Project (and Why)  I loved making this wall hanging for a couple of different reasons, I love Steampunk (as does my daughter), loved the challenge of colouring the face and love it as it's a gift for my daughter to take back to uni with her.
The East Wind #52 ~ Steampunk/industrial/metal
Brown Sugar #193 ~ ATG
Creative Fingers #106 ~ ATG
Thanks for stopping by x

11 comments:

  1. Such a unique card! The face in torn paper looks fantastic. Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Good Luck.
    Jenna DT
    Jenna's Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous with all the steampunk and metal features - great textures! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning. Thank you for joining us over at Our Crafty Corner, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great project. Lovely with all the little details on it.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration destination.
    Good luck, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    Deni Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhh WOW that's amazing!!! How fabulous to make her appear this way through the torn paper.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at The East Wind. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative Jac! Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at THE EAST WIND. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @ THE EAST WIND

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool project! I love all the steampunk elements and your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous, so clever and pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at As You Like It challenge. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this looks just beautiful! thank you for joining us at As You Like It challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x