Wednesday 29 October 2014

Working on my Christmas cards!

The nice thing about being off work and not being able to do a whole lot of the boring mundane stuff like HW is that I have had time to go through some of my older stash in my craft room and the digi stamps on my pc!  As a result I have put this Christmas card together using lots of old stash!  The image is 'Maurice Christmas Socks' from Pollycraft Designs, coloured him with spectrums and added stardust pen to the white stripes on his jumper, white flower soft to his hat and diamond glaze to his glasses.  I came across an old freebie cd too (dated 2012) and when I saw the Scandinavian Christmas papers I knew I wanted to use them and that's where I got my colour palette from.  I used a wavy blade in my rotary trimmer (don't get them out often enough either!lol) then added ribbon, bow, gems, die cut star, little wooden button, bakers twine and little wooden sentiment tag that has also been treated with diamond glaze.  I think the newest part of my card is actually the Kraft cs and I've had that for a few months too!  Enjoyed making this and adding all the different elements, hope you like it too.




















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simply Create Too #73 ~ Shop in your Craft Room (#2)
Brown Sugar #117 ~ Anything Goes
Creative Fingers #54 ~ ANything Goes
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards #76 ~ For the Boys (#2)
Allsorts #282 ~ Christmas
Incy Wincy Designs ~ Buttons & Bling
Creative Card Crew #73 ~ Bows (#2)
Little Red Wagon #261 ~ Krafty
TFL

13 comments:

  1. Great card! Love how you added the Flower Soft to the trim. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet image and you coloured him up beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab creation. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge. Good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cute image and you did a very nice job with the card. I love the designer paper you used and the eyeglasses turned out cute. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he's so cute xx I love the colour tones too xx
    Hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jac....love the pretty papers and your coloring of that fun image is great!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and a great fun image.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Christmas' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, well designed and loving your image and coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at the Incy Wincy challenge, hope to see you again. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice. What a dapper fellow he is in his Christmas hat.

    Thanks for joining our bow challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card. Cute little guy. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight. Good luck. Maggie - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card and it brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. I too have been have a good rummage through my stash (downsizing my room!). It's great finding stuff you've forgotten about!
    Thanks for joining us at CFAS.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha - changing a blade in a trimmer. Don't know when I've done that last! Glad you played with some oldies but goodies. This guy is too darn cute. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x