Sunday 8 January 2012

Ooops - a happy mistake!

Yes a mistake!  There I was quite happily figuring out the different parts to my card so I put the Crafty Cutters border die (available from Crafty Sentiments Designs) thru my Big Shot admittedly with some quite thick cs thinking nothing of it, till it came out! Now it had cut around the edge but all the wee hearts and dots didn't get cut all the way through, so I'm hunting round for some more scrap cs to use as an extra shim to put it through again when I took another look and decided I actually really like how it looks, so keeping it that way I added it to my card (with a mental note to self that when using thicker cs add another shim if you want to cut it all the way through!) lol  I have used some more new stash on this card.  The image is '2 hearts' from the new stamp release over at Crafty Sentiments Designs, isn't it adorable? coloured with copics (of course!) The background paper is from the new Portobello Road collection by Papermania as are the sentiment stamps (2 different stamps)  I have to say I love this collection and back in 2000 I was studying in London and Portobello Road was my local market and I loved it!  Anyway I digress!lol the bow and button are from my stash.
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Sketch and Stash #78 Majority is new stash except cs, button and bow
Crazy 4 Challenges #118 Do or use something new (image, paper and sentiment stamps)
TFL

6 comments:

  1. Just lovely Jac, such an adorable image and pretty papers too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Jac, the die cut looks good too, even with the hearts in it looks great embossed!

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card... I love the image & I like the way the hearts & holes have stayed put... just makes it look more embossed ;)

    Thank you for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Happy New Year & good luck :)

    hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh this is sweet and that border looks great
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. Really like that image.

    Thanks for taking part in my sketch for Sketch N Stash this fortnight,

    Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jac,
    You're right, this is a happy accident. It looks fab. Thanks for joining us at Sketch & Stash.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x