Tuesday 15 November 2011

Crafty Sentiments - Spotlight Technique

This week over at Crafty Sentiments Heather is our host and she has chosen a technique for the challenge and its 'Spotlight'.  Now this is the first time I have tried this technique, seen it done and thought 'thats effective must have a go' but thats as far as I ever got! lol  So no more dilly dallying!  For my card I have used a cute new digital image that is available now at Crafty Sentiments Designs and its called 'Snowman Globe'  for my coloured section I used copics and then added 3d crystal lacquer and a slight sprinkling of glamour dust.  I was hoping this would give the impression of a snowglobe when it has just been shaken and the glitter is floating about, I like what I acheived.  For the rest of my card the papers are MME and I added some gold ribbon and bows and stamped the sentiment in gold on a Crafty Cutters Vintage Label die cut also availbable at Crafty Sentiments Designs.
and a close up of the spotlight bit to show you the effect

Well thats what I made using this great technique, dont forget to check out what the rest of the amazing DT got up to this week and then come and join in our challenge, we look forward to stopping by to see what you create.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Totally Gorjuss #106 ~ Christmas Tradition
2 Sisters #65 ~ Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes #95 ~ Digital Image
Sketch and Stamp #74 Old stash is the papers and new stash is the new digi image.
TFL

9 comments:

  1. oh what a brilliant idea.. i love it!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the image and those papers are delish!
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, like your choice of spotlight and so glittery :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is brilliant Love how it sparkles like a real snowglobe, Love Hxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image and fabulous papers, I really liked this technique too.
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch N Stash.
    lol Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card love that technique thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card Jac, I will definately use this technique

    ReplyDelete
  8. a great card.. love the papers & image :)

    Thanx for joining in with us over at Sketch N Stash... Good Luck :)

    Hugz Angie xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x