Saturday 27 August 2011

Anyone For Anya ~ Vintage Vibes

This week over at Anyone for Anya the challenge is Vintage Vibes so with that in mind I decided to keep my colour pallette to the E colours with my copics.  I found a suitable piece of paper from the DCWV Neutrals pad and then I heat embossed some leaves on it using versamark and clear powder, I really like this effect but dont do it often enough.  As this is going to be for my September page of my calendar I went with a back to school theme and thougt that the Anya image from the Spotlight collection looked a bit like she was in school unifrom.  I used my new triangle punch to make the flag from a scrap of paper and stamped 'back to class' on it and fixed it to a 'berry pin'.  I distressed the edge of the paper which doesnt really show that well in the picture and then added a folde flower and a little wooden flower to one corner and finished off with a wooden button rucksack to which I added 3d glaze.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
Crazy Challenge #81 ~ Back to school
Fab 'n' Funky #87 ~ Mono madness
Stamp Something ~ Back to school something
Totally Papercrafts #81 ~ Back to School
Allsorts #118 ~ Back to School
JUGs #99 ~ Back to School 3d

TFL

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card, the image is so sweet, Thank you so much for entering my “back to school” challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute reminder that school is right around the corner! Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute calendar and what and adorable image! Love how you stamped and embossed on the dp and added the glaze to the wooden button! Very clever! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet. Love the image you chose. Thanks for sharing this week at Fab 'n Funky. Have a great day.

    Hugs
    xxx
    Alexis
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x