Thursday 9 July 2015

A Cracking Time!

Over at The East Wind Facebook page there is a challenge going on that is 'Step Away From The DP!' so after some thought about how to tackle this I decided on embossing for texture in the background and using the cracked glass technique with the image.  I've only done the technique once before and quite some time ago, don't know why I've only done once as it is an easy and fun technique and it was great to get my melting pot and UTEE out again.  The image I chose is Lucy Loo Magnified Star and I decided to go with a monochromatic colour scheme and as I was 'cracking glass' I also did some distressing with ink.  The pocket watch die is an Xcut die, the bow and clock hands are TH and I added some brads and an antique key.  I'm really pleased with how this turned out and guess what ... Ria has laid claim once again! lol




















And a close up of the cracked glass effect



















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Robyns Fetish #271 ~ Anything Goes
Not Just Cards #22 ~ Anything Goes
Crafting From The Heart #67 ~ Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly ~ Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #252 ~ No Patterned Paper
Creative Card Crew #91 ~ Die cuts
TFL

3 comments:

  1. This is Fantastic. Love the cracked glass effect and the image fits in so perfectly with your design. Thankyou for sharing with us at Crafting From The Heart. Hugs ValeryAnne DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous the colours and details; Jac.The cracked glass effect is AWESOME! Thanks for joining our No Patterned Paper challenge at Tuesday Throwdown. A new challenge starts tomorrow and we’d love to see you again.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thank you very much for joining our Challenge at Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x