Tuesday 19 July 2016

Yellow

Today I'm sharing the first page in my art journal and I have used a beautiful image from Unky over at The East Wind.  She produced this image back in May and I have finally finished colouring it.  I challenged myself to use my SN pencils.  I had nearly finished it when the picture got creased and I couldn't bring myself to redo it so it sat here in my craft room just looking at me until I decided that by the time it was finished being coloured and then cut out the crease would no longer be visible and so I completed my colouring, I'm glad I did!

Unky gave the image away to those that requested it and all she asked for in return was that we share our completed image and raise peoples awareness about the Sewol Ferry Disaster that happened in April 2014 in South Korea, 304 people lost their lives and 250 of them were high school students on a school trip.  If you Google 'Sewol Ferry Disaster' you will find lots of information about it.  I don't recall hearing about it at the time and I have used the other page of my journal to write about it.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will check out the Sewol Ferry Disaster.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Creative Fingers #113 ~ ATG
A Gem of a Challenge #173 ~ Let's get Krafty
Robyn's Fetish #325 ~ Anything But A Card
Crafty Sentiments ~ ATG
Craft Your Passion #321 ~ ATG
Crafting From The Heart #121 ~ ATG

7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for colouring it and share the story in hand writing. beautiful creation. xxx unky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Fingers Challenge.
    Angie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pencil work and taking the time to hand write your retelling of events.A beautiful tribute.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you continued to finish it. It is a very lovely piece and also it's for a great cause. You did a wonderful job on this. Thank You for sharing with us over at The Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog.

    Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully made - love the white writing on the kraft.

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pages. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs. hugs
    laurigami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x