Thursday, 19 August 2010

Crafty Sentiments Digital Designs Challenge 7 ~ Monochrome + 1

Wow! its Thursday already and this means I'm at work for the last day and then I'm on leave for 2 weeks (well just over 2 weeks actually!) It also means its challenge day over at the Crafty Sentiments Digi Design Blog.  The challenge this week is 'Monochrome + 1' and we have a wonderful sponsor this week who is Meljens Designs and I was lucky enough to get to play with a cute image called 'A Girl and Her Overalls.  I decided to do  something a bit different for me but it was something I have seen elsewhere and really fancied having a go at.  I have made an easel card (not thats not the something a bit different! lol) and used papers from the Dovecraft Hint Of Pink Range, but my +1 is actually purple (not pink!) the different for me is the fact that I coloured the whole image in shades of grey including face and hair then added little bits of sakura purple stardust and I have to say that I am really pleased with how this turned out.  Have also used some purple cs and some grey buttons, the sentiment is a stamp from The Greeting Farm.


Now dont forget to stop by the blogs of the other DT members they have some stunning work to show you I know you wont be disappointed and then check out the challenge for yourself over at the Crafty Sentiments Digi Design Blog and find out about the fabulous prize from our sponsor and be sure to take part in the challenge, 'Go on You know You want to!'

I am also going to enter this card into the following challenges:
The Stampman Challenges #3 An easel card ~ anything goes.
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #96 ~ What are little girls made of
Tuesday Throwdown #13 ~ more than one fold
Wild Orchid Crafts #3 ~ one for the girls

As always thanks for stopping by and hope you like my latest creation. x

12 comments:

  1. love the purple with the monochrome- its really striking
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEKK!!! How stinkin' cute!!! Love the mono with a hint of purple!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the black and white. Not an easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorjus, loving the image. hope I get to work with some of these images soon. loving the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice, if I didn't know any better I would think this is a black and white photo. you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, such a pretty design

    Thanks for joining us this week at SCSC
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just popped by to send my love and to say really loving your use of colours, fab easel card! Hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the monochrome look to your easel card combined with touches of purple. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving this card, the image is so cute and I love the little splash of colour.

    Fantastic!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet. Love the colour combo. Thanks for joining us at WOC tis week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW. Love the LO and colors here. Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Throwdown

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x